QA Release Management & Testing Engineer | Santa Barbara, CA or Remote
cielo24 is searching for a lead QA Release Management & Testing Engineer to work alongside our talented engineers towards maintaining, enhancing, and designing solutions to further expand our video data platform’s capabilities.
As the QA Release Management & Testing Engineer in a dynamic startup, you will play a pivotal role to ensure quality in our platform and products. You are comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment with frequent change.
The ideal candidate enjoys the balance between quality and speed. Maintaining & improving the automated test suite, manual testing, improving processes, while ensuring delivery of new quality products to market.
A scrappy and versatile QA Release Management & Testing Engineer looking to be a part of an earlier stage startup. The perfect candidate will not only possess the technical skills required, but will also be a terrific culture fit for our small, close-knit team, including the following attributes:
- Strong software development methods and full stack versatility at scale
- Ability to read and write code (Python/Django) as well as corresponding unit tests
- Can implement QA processes leveraging new and existing tools
- Comfortable acting as the “gateway” of all features and fixes to ensure stability of our platform
- Prefers and thrives in a smaller, earlier stage company
- Loves to see the big picture and influence the entire technology stack
- A natural problem solver, willing to get their hands “dirty” to tackle issues
- The desire to see results quickly and make a high impact
- The ability to collaborate with a small team
- 3-5 years previous QA experience required including scope and requirements definition, test planning, problem solving and process improvements in web-based applications testing.
- Minimum 2 years’ Selenium WebDriver experience with Python, adding new tests and maintaining test suite
- API REST testing knowledge
- Experience with Django applications
- Experience in agile working environment
- Strong independent nature, ability to manage your own tasks & take ownership & responsibility for product quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment, adapting to frequent change.
- Attention to detail coupled with rigorous analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills & interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of testing browser-based apps
- Postgres, Linux command line, JIRA & GitHub
- Video formatting, subtitles, codecs knowledge is a plus
- Envision a final product early in the design and development process
- Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles of others and their roles on the team.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from other team members as appropriate.
- Embraces entrepreneurial spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities to improve the organization.
Compensation & Benefits
cielo24 offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefit package including: health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and unlimited (approved) paid vacation. This position is based in Santa Barbara, CA, or remote for the right candidate.
cielo24 delivers video data solutions that maximizes content ROI via a hybrid machine + human platform. We provide video transcription (timed transcripts) and intelligence (topics, keywords, captions etc.) to clients in the entertainment, enterprise and online education industries. Our video data solutions power video discovery, engagement, reach & compliance. In our next chapter, the company is leveraging its large scale human workflow engine to train and warrant the accuracy of AI systems. Learn more at http://www.cielo24.com/about
cielo24 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.