It is a Fact: Captions and Subtitles Enhance 2nd-Language Learning! When you are in a 2nd-language…
How Important are Captions? …Very Important, according to the Clinton Global Initiative.
This video features former President Bill Clinton recognizing the value of captions (described here as same-language subtitling). A Neilsen and PlanetRead research study indicates that the use of Subtitles on TV doubled the number of functional early-age readers.
“A small thing that has a staggering impact on people’s lives” Bill Clinton
Resources for Accessibility:
- Intro to Compliance Laws
- Section 508 Compliance Overview
- Summary of 508 Compliance Standards
- Section 508 Guide for E-learning and Multimedia Technology
- GSA Tutorials, Guidance and Checklists for multimedia
- Alliance for Technology Access
- ADA, Title III Regulations