Free Download - Beyond Accessibility: Captioning Benefits in Higher Education Whether you are a faculty member…
Download cielo24’s Latest Survey Report on Accessibility
State of Accessibility Technology in Higher Education Survey Report
In June 2016, cielo24 conducted a research survey on accessibility technology in higher education. The survey was sent out to educators and professionals working at private and public universities across the nation.
Composed of various open and close ended questions, the survey investigated accessibility issues ranging from the types of programs at schools to the specific technologies used in the classroom. The most pressing questions we aimed to answer included:
- Do universities have accessibility programs and are they campus-wide or department run?
- What are the most pressing challenges faced by universities in carrying out accessibility initiatives?
- What bodies within the universities are the decision makers for accessibility technology programs?
- What level of understanding do faculty and staff have regarding federal and state accessibility laws and regulations?
- Are educators satisfied with their universities’ accessibility policy and program?
In conducting this research we hope to:
- Encourage educators to evaluate the state of accessibility in their institutions.
- Inspire educators to champion for accessibility technology and universal design programs.
- Provide educators with a solution for accessibility compliance.
To read about the results, see quotes from survey respondents, and learn steps you can take to start an accessibility program, download the State of Accessibility Technology in Higher Education Research Report here.