There are a million reasons to use video captions, but we’ve narrowed it down to…
Video has become the main form of media through which marketing, advertising, sharing, and communication are done. But, there is still innovation and new uses to come. Here are the top 22 video trends to look out for in 2022.
Social Media Video Trends
1. Micro-Videos have been on the rise since 2020, especially through the popularity of TikTok.
In 2022, Instagram reels may be poised to overtake TikTok. 87% of Gen-Z TikTok users agree that Reels is very similar to TikTok. Reels also receive 22% more engagement than regular video content. Brands that capitalize on this trend will win in 2022.
2. The Vlog industry will continue to grow rapidly.
The popularity of vlogs is undeniable. It receives daily views from 44% of internet users. The significant breadth of vlog topics aids the popularity of the industry and will continue into 2022.
3. Nano-Influencer marketing has driven exceptionally high engagement rates.
Studies show that nano-influencers, those with fewer than 5,000 followers drive the highest engagement rate, followed next by micro-influencers, users with 5,000-20,000 followers. Audiences consider micro and nano influencers to be more authentic and trustworthy.
4. Vertical Video is the norm on social media.
With the popularity of Instagram Stories and IGTV, the vertical video trend is one to watch in 2022. Facebook and YouTube also support vertical videos as can be seen through YouTube Shorts and other content.
5. Interactive Videos are gaining steam as audiences want to interact with the brands and people they follow.
Users want to engage with the brands they are following more than ever, and viewing interactive videos gets them to control their experience, making it more memorable.
6. Social Media Story Videos are expected to trend into 2022.
Ephemeral content like social media stories can draw viewers in now because of the time limit on the content. Their nuance of disappearing after 24 hours creates a successful customer engagement strategy.
7. Captioning is once again a major marketing trend going into 2022.
92% of consumers watch videos without sound, making it very important to provide captioning to effectively communicate with your audience.
8. One-fourth of video marketers have adopted interactive videos.
This number is expected to grow by 50% in subsequent years.
9. Live videos capture viewers’ attention 3x longer.
Live videos can create a brand image of humanity and authenticity that attracts customers.
10. 5-15 second video ads are here to stay.
With platforms such as YouTube using short ads that finish before the “Skip” button pops up, short video ads are becoming the norm for many brands marketing on these platforms.
11. Less production within video marketing campaigns.
Today’s video marketing is predicated on creating authentic content that people believe and trust. The overly polished content may not feel realistic or approachable.
12. 360-degree immersive videos are gaining popularity.
Viewers who see a 360-degree video watch the whole video 85% of the time, compared to 58.2% of regular video
13. Search-optimized videos are gaining steam throughout the video marketing industry.
Video is a relatively new concept for video marketers, however, it is something to keep in mind for the next few years. Video searches will become the norm when it comes to e-commerce or looking for brand information.
14. Personalized Videos
From recorded videos or styles that look like video chats to scheduling video chats for sales, customer service, etc. purposes, person-to-person video interaction is on the rise in 2022.
E-Commerce Video Trends
15. Shoppable Video Content
The intersection between video and e-commerce is becoming more apparent. Shoppable videos are short clips that allow audiences to click (or tap) and purchase products instantly through the video. Look for these to become the norm for product marketing through video content in 2022.
16. Product demo videos, explainer videos, and entertaining viral-style videos are among the top three types of video consumers would like to see.
17. Voice Search has become the norm for many consumers looking for brands and products online.
The voice shopping industry is projected to reach $40 billion within 2022 and there are projected to be 8.4 billion voice devices globally by 2024.
18. In a study by Deloitte, more than half of the people studied desired a more “human” experience from their virtual environments.
19. Augmented and Virtual Reality has exploded in popularity, and with the introduction of the metaverse, this is only the beginning.
With Facebook’s rebranding to Meta and the wide adoption and acceptance of mixed-reality products, it seems this is only the beginning of burgeoning technology.
20. The global eSports audience is projected to reach 474 million users heading into 2022.
In 2020, Verison became an official partner of video game developer Riot Games. eSports are still in their nascent stages, thus, 2022 could be the year eSports popularity and sponsorships become mainstream.
21. 75% of consumers expect brands to adopt new technologies to build a better consumer experience.
The time is now to invest in technology that innovates your user experience and creates a seamless process that increases brand awareness and possibly even sales.
22. Digital Payments are on the rise as consumers can use these platforms to purchase almost anything.
The more time a person spends digitally, the more money they spend digitally. Platforms such as Zelle and Venmo have exploded in popularity. In Q3, Zelle processed 466 million transactions totaling $127 billion. From major corporations to local convenience stores, digital payments are becoming more and more mainstream.
2022 Video is Taking Over
2022 may bring many video trends that we have never seen before, but one thing we know for sure is that video is certainly the mainstream media of the future. If the past few years have taught us anything, it’s that video is king when it comes to today’s media.
These are the top 22 video trends that are sure to come up throughout this new year. If you are interested in our video and digital accessibility services, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your accessibility needs or for a quote for our products!
cielo24 Captioning Solutions
cielo24 proudly works with organizations in all industries to improve video marketing and make your media accessible!
Our Enterprise-level accounts help companies comply with WCAG standards and are built around your specific video needs. They come with the help of an account executive, a full suite of features, such as 16+ foreign language translations, advanced media data, and our video wrapper!
Want a plan without contracts or quotes? Our Self Serve web app allows you to get started ordering video captions without having to wait for contracts or quotes. All new users are given one free mechanical transcription. Then, order more machine or human-verified captions and transcripts for less than 1$/minute.
For more information on our captioning and video intelligence solutions, contact us online or call us at 1-855-243-5624.